Visitor Researcher Program, VRP: Research, Supervision & Training
Program Period: 3 - 12 Month (On Campus or Online)
Research Period: Starting & Ending Time Upon Request of Researcher
Venue: Basel, Switzerland
(Upon request research process could be also in German, French & Spanish languages)
What are the Privileges of Visitor Researcher Program?
The main aim of the 3-12 Month Visitor Researcher Program is to improve or refresh the academic and organisational research skills of the participants and prepare them for better future educational or professional life. Participating as visitor researcher could assist you to develop your planned business idea or project proposal or research paper through weekly base supervision, consultation, guidance and study. VRP Program is a great choice to strength knowledge of researcher to apply upcoming PhD programs with fresh research skills or to join various institutions as professional researcher or expert (Various States organisations, INGOs, Parliament, Research Centres, Think Tank Institutions, Universities and relevant work places) or to be professional trainer/lecturer.
Depending on the wish of researchers, participation in the VRP program and working with Supervisor is possible either On Campus or via Online.
Topics: Please select the research/training subject/s which you are interested for your research period
- Other topics: Available upon request of Applicant
- Coaching, Mentoring & Case Management
- Personal & Organisational Development
- Effective Human Resources Management: Strategic Roles, Responsibilities & Recruitment Process
- Humanitarian Aid, Migration, Human Trafficking & Refugees
- Leadership, Personnel Administration & Team Management
- Talents Development, Employee Performance Management & Successful Employee Motivation
- Incident & Crisis Management
- Management Employee Integration, Planning Gender, Diversity Management & Inclusion & Cross-Cultural Awareness
- Leadership Culture, Social Responsibility, Ethics & Trust Building
- Time Management, Strategic Project Planning, Writing & Management
- Effective Conflicts Prevention, Management, Resolution & Transformation
- Peacebuilding, Peacekeeping & Non-Violence Actions
- Interreligious & Interfaith Dialogue
- Mediation & Negotiation Skills
- Environment Base Conflicts, Global Mining, Disaster Risks, Climate Change & Food Security
- Trauma, Healing, Reconciliation & Forgiveness
- Presentation Skills, Working with Media, Advocacy, Public Relations & Capacity Building
- International Law (Criminal Law or Migration Law or Commercial Law) & Justice
- Arbitration, Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and Litigation
- Human Rights, Active Participation, Election & Observation
- Anti-Corruption & Transparency
- Diplomacy, International Security, Disarmament & International Relations
- International Humanitarian & Trade Organisations
- Global Economy
- Social Work
- Women & Children Rights, Gender Equality
- Municipality & Community Development
Up today IPD hosted researchers from Nigeria, Costa Rica, Switzerland, USA, Cameroon, Thailand, Portugal, Rwanda, China, Nepal, Canada, Mexica, Kyrgyzstan and Columbia.
To complete the VRP program Researcher will write and submit at least 5 pages research project proposal. Please see in below some of the written project proposals and research papers of IPD Visitor Researchers:
1. Research Paper named “Social Environment and Emotional Abuse against Children and Youth: Findings from a Survey on Violence Against Children and Youth in Rwanda in 2015-2016” by Mr. Alypio N. from Rwanda, 2019
2. Research Paper named “Towards a More Lasting Peace between Human Beings” by Ewane D.R. from Cameroon, 2018
3. Research Paper named “Separatist Movements in South-East Asia” by Mr. M. Giles from Australia, 2016
4. Research Paper named “Conflict Over Natural Resources: A Case Study of Ogoni People of the Niger Delta Region of Nigeria” by L. Akin Aladesua from Nigeria, 2016
5. Research Paper named “Review of interventions to reduce health vulnerability and improve access to healthcare for undocumented migrants in Europe” by Ms. S. Karymbaeva from Kyrgyzistan, 2016
6. Research Paper named “Applying Non-violence and interdisciplinary approach into Security Operation: an example of conflict transformation in Refugee Affairs and Border Security in Thailand” by Mr. W. Chotirosseranee from Thailand, 2015
7. Research Paper named “The Post-2011 Process of Peace Negotiation in Yemen and the Role of Mediation by the United Nations” by Mr. C. Meijer from Switzerland, 2015
One of the advantages of the VRP program is we are organising and giving chance to researcher to visit various Swiss Based Institutions to present his/her project, create new professional network and closely acquaintance with the work of the host organisation or company. Please see in below some of the Host partner institutions based in Switzerland where already our researchers visited.
1. CSS, Center for Security Studies - ETH Zurich in Zurich
2. Swiss Chambers' Arbitration Institution in Basel
3. UNHCR, Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in Geneva
4. ICRC, International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva
5. Geneva Center for Security Policy in Geneva
6. World Trade Institute in Bern
7. UN Global Compact, Global Compact Network Switzerland in Zurich
8. Basel Peace Office in Basel
9. Mr. Markus Hess: Lecturer and Mediator at Hochschule Luzern
10. Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, OHCHR in Geneva
11. Docip, Center for Documentation, Research and Information in Geneva
12. World Health Organization, WHO in Geneva
13. Aids-Hilfe Schweiz in Zurich
14. Biovision Stiftung für Ökologische Entwicklung in Zurich
15. Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) in Geneva
16. Le Centre de conseils et d’appui pour les jeunes en matière de droits de l’homme (Codap) in Geneva
17. Economic Development Office of Baselland Kanton in Baselland
18. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in Geneva
19. Federal Department of Foreign Affairs, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) in Bern
20. Implementation Support Unit, Convention on Cluster Munitions in Geneva
A broad range of the interested participants (Age: 20+) from all over the world countries such as mentioned in below can apply to the Visitor Researcher Program:
- Representatives of Government Institutions, Diplomatic Missions and Courts
- Representatives of Business Institutions and Private Sector
- Representatives of Religious Organizations and Political Parties
- Representatives of IOs, INGOs and Local NGOs
- Representatives of Universities and Academic Staff
- Representatives of Media Institution
- Mediators, Peacebuilders, Researchers & Students
- Other relevant individuals
- 10500EUR for 3 Month period with accommodation or 7000EUR without accommodation
- 19500EUR for 6 Month period with accommodation or 12000EUR without accommodation
- 37000EUR for 12 Month period with accommodation or 21000EUR without accommodation
What is Included in the Participation Fee?
- Capacity Building Training Courses: 3 hours per Week
- Supervision & Consultation Services
- Furnished Single Room Accommodation stay in Hostel or Flat (Upon request of the applicant we could remove accommodation expenses)
- Stationary Materials (Folder, notebook and pen)
- WiFi Free Internet Connection
- Local travel expenses to visit 3-8 Swiss based Institutions
- Program fee
- Invitation Letter
What is Not Included in the Participation Fee?
- Extra Accommodation nights
- Meal expenses
- International and local travel expenses
- Visa and insurance expenses
- Extra persons`(family members, relatives, friends, colleagues and etc.) expenses
- Training course participation expenses
IPD offers support for most needed potential participants in the form of reduced participation fees.
If you wish to request a discounted participation fee amount, please write your request briefly via email before or during the application submission period.
Unfortunately the IPD scholarship program does not cover all of the participation fee and international travel expenses.
- 10% discount for Alumni of IPD programs
- 10% discount for paying together with group of participants (More than 2 person)
- 10% discount for Annual ProPeace Members (For registration please visit www.ipdinstitute.ch)
Participation Procedure Step by Step
1. The researcher submits a filled application in WORD format with a CV and scanned passport page
2. The researcher will receive a signed invoice to start the payment of the requested participation fee amount
3. When the requested fee has been transferred to the bank account provided, the participant will receive an invitation letter via email. If visa application process is required, we will send the invitation letter by post and also to the relevant embassy by email.
There haven`t any deadline for application submission and researchers can select any desired starting and end time period for research stay.
But we strongly advice to the researchers to submit the filled application at least 2 months in advance for visa application process and looking for suitable accommodation.
IPD Bank Account Details
Beneficiary`s Name: Institute for Peace and Dialogue (IPD)
Bank Name: PostFinance Ltd
Bank Address: Mingerstrasse 20, 3030 Bern, Switzerland
Account number: 91-577724-2 EUR
IBAN: CH 27 0900 0000 9157 7724 2
SWIFT code: POFICHBEXXX
Participation Cancellation Rules & Procedure
Please note that after submission of the application in any case of the participation and accommodation cancellation till the beginning of Visitor Researcher Program, there will be 50% cancellation fee amount of paid fee + bank transfer and exchange rates costs will be extra charge.
Participation and accommodation cancellation after beginning of the Visitor Researcher Program, there will be no refund.
Participant responsible to inform IPD directly by email or post about his/her participation cancellation.
Visitor Researchers will be accommodated in one of the Hostel, Hotel or Flat in Single room in Basel city. Due to the additional needs, request (for example if coming with family member/s) and financial opportunities of researcher we could also arrange furnished or unfurnished flats with 2-3 rooms in Basel city.
Provided that organizing such kind of international academic programs is quite expensive we invite State Institutions, Foundations, Private Sector, Universities, Public Sector and Individual Philanthropists to be Sponsors of IPD activities.
Your Sponsorship will help the institutional development of academic education, and will be of great help to support in the form of scholarships, motivated and needed participants (particularly students or other, participants from the developing countries), who could positively change the situation in their country, build more a peaceful environment and pave the way for a better future in their respective societies.
To become a Sponsor please contact us by email.
- For Individual Donation: 10EUR and above
- For Organizational Donation: 50EUR and above
- To be Bronze Sponsor: 1000EUR and above
- To be Silver Sponsor: 5000EUR and above
- To be Gold Sponsor: 10000EUR and above
- To be Platinum Sponsor: 20000EUR and above
- To be Diamond Sponsor: 30000EUR and above
Mr. Fakhrinur Huseynli
Institute for Peace and Dialogue (IPD)
Address; Ryffstrasse 23,
4056 Basel, Switzerland
Cell / WhatsApp: +41 76 431 61 70
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/fakhrinur-huseynli-574776223/
Follow us on Facebook
We are looking forward to receive your application soon and welcome you in our Vısitor Researcher Program