School of Peacebuilding, Mediation, Conflict Resolution, Security, Intercultural Dialogue & Human Rights
Call for Volunteer: We are looking for volunteers from Switzerland to work at IPD Winter and Summer Academies. If you are interested please send us your CV, half page Motivation letter and passport page via email to email@example.com
IPD Previous Academic Programs
- 3 Month Winter 2016 CAS - Research Program in Switzerland in 15 February - 14 May, 2016
- I International Winter Academy in Baar, Switzerland in 15 - 25 February, 2016
- 3 Month Summer 2015 CAS - Research Program in Switzerland in 07 August - 06 November, 2015
- IV International Summer Academy in Baar, Switzerland in 17 - 27 August, 2015
- III International Summer Academy in Baar, Switzerland in 0 7 - 17 August, 2015
- II International Summer Academy in Baar, Switzerland in 17-27 August, 2014
- I International Summer Academy in Vienna, Austria in 01-11 September 2013
IPD Previous Academic Program`s Lecturers
Prof. Doc. Johan Galtung Mr. Joe Gerada
Prof. Dietrich Fischer Mr. Jorgen Johansen
Prof. Patrice Brodeur Ms. Elena Pruvli
Dr. Karin Schreiner Mr. Aleksandar Weisner
Dr. Sara Clark Habibi Ms. Julianne Funk
Mr. Marko Vukovic Dr. Peter Adler
Mr. Marc Finaud Dr. Urs Bloesch
Mr. Kenneth Pickles Dr. Alicia Cabezudo
Ms. Edit Kovari
Who We Are
Institute for Peace and Dialogue (IPD) is an independent, international non-profit and non-religious institute located in Lucerne, Switzerland, where it dedicates itself to the promotion of prevention of conflicts between and within states, companies and communities by strengthening institutional dialogue, mediation and academic education with the participation of civil societies, INGOs, business and state institutions. To achieve its purpose, IPD can provide its beneficiaries with academic-scientific programs, institutional broad research-survey outputs, publication of educational materials, carrying out mediation, negotiation, reconciliation initiatives as well as reports.
IPD invites state and business institutions, INGOs, think tank centres, researchers, media and interested public actors for the cooperation and implementation of creative, innovative, effective and sustainable initiatives for the sake of empowering constructive intercultural dialogue, mediation, global governance, responsible leadership, peaceful conflict transformation, active world citizenship, human security and welfare.
Our vision is the education of an institutionalized civil society platform in peace-building, mediation, conflict transformation and intercultural dialogue, to convey a peaceful approach and behavior.
Our mission is to empower civil society capacities in peacebuilding, conflict resolution, mediation and intercultural dialogue fields to build up a solution-oriented positive thinking in their work, community and family in order to have institutional impact for the sake of whole society development.
We Strongly Believe
1. Desperate situation and non-solving problems are not eternal.
2. It is possible to make common decision and find common values, even the both conflict sides are thinking differently.
3. If the hostility thinking becomes stronger, there are no winner and right side.
4. Protracted conflicts on the same time endanger to the development and prosperity of conflict parties.
5. Any peaceful mediation and negotiation actions are useful than nothing.