School of Peacebuidling, Mediation, Conflict Resolution, Intercultural Dialogue, Security & Human Rights
We bring together State, Private and Public sectors
Call for Swiss Host Family for Partnership: We are looking for Swiss Host Families from all over the Swiss Kantons to host our researcher in the family for 3-12 month period under Visitor Research Program, VRP. The main aim to work closly with the Swiss Host Families is to help our Researchers to integrate easy to the Swiss culture, tradition and learn more about Switzerland directly from the local people. IPD will cover researcher`s room rent fee during the research period and researcher will be responsible for all the feeding expenses during the whole period of research stay. If you are interested please send us your filled application and CV via email to email@example.com
Internship: We are looking for internees from Switzerland during the IPD short-long term Academy Programs. If you are interested, please send us your CV, half page Motivation letter and passport page via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be Sending Organisation
We are looking for state, private, public and academic sending partner institutions from all over the world countries to send their individual or group participants to our short-long term academic programs. If your Institution interesting to be our sending partner organization, we will be glad to receive your proposals by email.
IPD academic prgrams`broad range interested participants are:
- Representatives of Government Institutions, Diplomatic Missions, Courts and Political Parties: To get knowledge on how to deal, manage and solve conflicts between states, civil society leaders, political party leaders and between government-civil society institutions.
- Representatives Private Sector: To get knowledge on how to deal, manage and solve conflicts with potential clients, with business partners, between employers and between employer-leadership and to enlarge personal skills on intercultural communication, respect diversity and be more tolerant.
- Representatives of IOs and Local NGOs: To get knowledge on how to deal, manage and solve tensions in conflict region and fields together with state institutions, Donors, civil society organisations and private sector.
- Representatives of Universities: To get knowledge on how to develop teaching, study and research methodologies.
- Representatives of Media Institution: To get knowledge on how to deal, manage and solve the conflicts in conflict region and fields.
- Mediators, Peacebuilders, Researchers and any interested people who want to develop their academic knowledge and capacities in Peacebuilding, Mediation, Conflict Resolution, Intercultural Dialogue, Security and Human Rights, who have intention to work as mediator, who wants to join missions in conflict regions, who wants to investigate academically the above statet topics and who currently work or live in countries/society with ongoing tensions.
IPD Previous Academic Programs
- 3 Month Winter 2017 CAS-Research Program: 17 February - 16 May, 2017
- II International Winter Academy: 17-26 February, 2017
- 3 Month Summer 2016 CAS-Research Program in Switzerland: 09 August - 06 November, 2016
- VI International Summer Academy in Baar, Switzerland: 19-29 August, 2016
- V International Summer Academy in Baar, Switzerland: 09-19 August, 2016
- 3 Month Winter 2016 CAS - Research Program in Switzerland: 15 February - 14 May, 2016
- I International Winter Academy in Baar, Switzerland: 15-25 February, 2016
- 3 Month Summer 2015 CAS-Research Program in Switzerland: 07 August - 06 November, 2015
- IV International Summer Academy in Baar, Switzerland: 17-27 August, 2015
- III International Summe Academy in Baar, Switzerland: 07-17 August, 2015
- II International Summer Academy in Baar, Switzerland in 17-27 August, 2014
- I International Summer Academy in Vienna, Austria in 01-11 September 2013
IPD Previous Academic Programs`Lecturers
Prof. Doc. Johan Galtung Mr. Joe Gerada
Prof. Dietrich Fischer Mr. Jorgen Johansen
Prof. Patrice Brodeur Ms. Elena Pruvl
Dr. Karin Schreiner Mr. Aleksandar Weisner
Dr. Sara Clark Habibi Ms. Julianne Funk
Mr. Marko Vukovic Dr. Peter Adler
Mr. Marc Finaud Dr. Urs Bloesch
Mr. Kenneth Pickles Dr. Alicia Cabezudo
Dr. Carrie Pemberton Ms. Edit Kovari
Dr. Daniel Mekonnen Dr. Majken Jul Sørensen
Mr. Christophe Barbey Mr. Dr. Marcello Mollica
Who We Are
Institute for Peace & Dialogue, IPD is one of the leading organiser of several successful annual international academic trainings and research programs in Switzerland in the field of peacebuilding, conflict transformation, mediation, security, intercultural dialogue and human rights which these events bring together state, private and public sector representatives.
IPD dedicates itself to the promotion of prevention of potential conflicts between and within states, companies and communities by strengthening institutional dialogue, mediation and academic education with the participation of civil societies, INGOs, business and state institutions. To achieve its purposes, IPD providing its beneficiaries with academic-scientific programs (Winter, Summer & Autumn Academies, seminars, conferences, forums and exhibitions), educational materials and carrying out mediation initiatives.
IPD invites state institutions, companies, INGOs, think tank centres, researchers, media and interested public actors for the cooperation and implementation of creative, innovative, effective and sustainable initiatives for the sake of empowering constructive intercultural dialogue, good global governance, responsible leadership, peaceful conflict transformation, active world citizenship, human security and welfare via mediation and non-violence methods.
Our vision is the education of an institutionalized civil society platform in peace-building, mediation, conflict transformation and intercultural dialogue, to convey a peaceful approach and behavior.
Our mission is to empower civil society capacities in peacebuilding, conflict resolution, mediation and intercultural dialogue fields to build up a solution-oriented positive thinking in their work, community and family in order to have institutional impact for the sake of whole society development.
We Strongly Believe
1. Desperate situation and non-solving problems are not eternal.
2. It is possible to make common decision and find common values, even the both conflict sides are thinking differently.
3. If the hostility thinking becomes stronger, there are no winner and right side.
4. Protracted conflicts on the same time endanger to the development and prosperity of conflict parties.
5. Any peaceful mediation and negotiation actions are useful than nothing.