- 11 days Winter Academy Period: 3rd Winter Academy: 7 - 17 December, 2021 (10 Nights)
- 3 Month Research Program Period: 7 December, 2021 - 6 March, 2022
(Upon request research process could be also in German, French, Italian & Spanish languages)
Unfortunately due to the continuation of Coronavirus Pandemie period we decided to postpone the
3rd Winter Academy for next year. Please follow our website or write us by email to get regular update
3rd Winter Academy: 1 - 8 December, 2020 (8 Days)
3 Month Research Program: 1 December, 2020 - 28 February, 2021
15 September, 2020 for Early Bird Application Deadline
1 November, 2020 for Late Application Payment Deadline
(Upon request research process could be also in German, French, Italian & Spanish languages)
Introduction & Methodology
IPD is proud to announce the next International Winter Programs, which are to be held in Switzerland. Applicants can choose between the 8-day Winter Academy and the 3-Month Research Program which may be combined with the 8-day Training participation depending on the applicants` desire and filled applicatoin.
Participants will have access to expert knowledge and hands-on experience as all our facilitators are specialists with years of experience academically and professionally in their respective fields. This is truly a great opportunity not to be missed to get or refresh the knowledge, skills and create new worldwide friendship and Networks.
8-Day Winter Academy 2020 Lecturers & Topics
- 2 & 3 December, 2020: Class Days by Ms. Sibylle Rupprecht from Switzerland
Day 1 Topic (Whole Class Day): Mediation Techniques & Tools
Day 2 Topic (Whole Class Day): Advocacy & Communication Including practical exercises
- 4 & 5 December, 2020: Class Days by Mr. Andrea Marrone from Netherlands
Day 1 Topic (Whole class day): International Law and International Institutions working for Peace and Security
Day 2 Topic (Whole class day): International Criminal Justice and the International Criminal Court
- 7 & 8 December, 2020: 1 Whole and 1 Half Class Days by Mr. Peter Aeberhard from Switzerland
Day 1 Topic (Whole class day): 4 Modules on Peace and Conflict Management / - Learning from the experiences of the participants
Day 1 Topic (Half class day): 2 Modules on Global Challenges related to Conflict and Peace / - In-depth learning sessions
8 Day Winter Academy Timetable
- Arrival of Participants (Check in after 14:00): 1 December (No lunch and Dinner)
- Welcoming speech and introduction: 9.00 - 9.20
- No Class Day: 6 December (No Class & Free day for participants)
- Half Class Days: 8 December
- Breakfast Time: 7:00 - 9:00
- Morning Workshops Period: 9:00 - 12:30
- First Break Time: 10:30 - 11:00
- Lunch Time: 12:30pm - 13:30 (No Class & Lunch on 6 December)
- Afternoon Workshops Period: 13:30 - 16:00
- Second Break Time: 14:45 - 15:00
- Dinner Time: for Winter Program dinner expenses will not be covered by IPD
- Certification & Farewell Lunch: 8 December
- Departure of Participants (Check-out till the 10.00): 8 December
3 Month Research Program Important Dates & Activities
- Arrival date: 1 December, 2020
- Education Part: Participating in 8-day International Academic Training: 1 - 8 December, 2020
- Practice Part: Visit to 2 - 4 Swiss based Institutions: 10 December, 2020 - 22 February, 2021
- Research Part: Writing research paper (Min 5 pages): 9 December, 2020 - 22 February, 2021 together with Supervisor.
- Departure date: 28 February, 2021 (If researcher would like to stay more than 3 months, please write about your desired period in your application form for we calculate new budget for your participation)
In order to capitalize on these diverse backgrounds of our participants, we encourage the exchange of each representative’s own unique heritage and culture through the sharing of national clothes, drinks, foods, sweets, souvenirs, flags, etc. during the Winter Academy 2020.
Programs Language: English
A broad range of the interested participants from various countries within the fields mentioned below can apply to the 8-Day Training or 3 Month Research Program:
- Representatives of Government Institutions, Diplomatic Missions and Courts
- Representatives of Business Institutions and Private Sector
- Representatives of Religious Organizations and Political Parties
- Representatives of IOs, INGOs and Local NGOs
- Representatives of Universities, Academic Staff, Researchers and Students
- Representatives of Media Institutions
- Lawyers, Mediators, Coachers, Mentors and Peacebuilders
- Other potential individuals
Alumni Participants represented State Institutions, Embassies, Private Institutions, Universities, Swiss Government, Australian Government, Romanian Government, UK Government, European Union, European Investment Bank, Asian Development Bank, African Union, United Nations, UNWOMEN, IOM, UNDP, UNICEF, ICRC, Peace Brigades International, Soros Foundation, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit, Medecins Sans Frontieres, Welthungerhilfe, Save the Children and etc. institutions and also individuals (Students, Researchers, Philanthropists, Trainers, Teachers, Scientists, Activists, Journalists and etc.).
- Participation in 8-day Winter Academy gives the participants education and network to build their future career worldwide level in state, private and public sectors as peace builder, manager, lawyer, diplomat, human resource officer, mediator, international and public relations manager, mentor, coacher and in etc. relevant jobs.
- Participating as researcher in 3 Month Research Program could assist you to apply PhD programs with fresh research skills, to join various institutions as professional researcher or expert (Parliament, Research Centres, Think Tank Institutions, Universities, Various States organisations) or as Trainer.
Why Basel as Ideal Venue to Visit
- To enjoy from marvelous Swiss Nature, visiting City Library, Museums, Zoo and Theater during the free time and weekends period
- Basel is a home city of oldest university (more than 550 years) of Switzerland and there have plenty research, innovation and teaching institutions in different spheres
- Existence of many world leading multinational companies in the pharmacy, law, agrochemicals, medical engineering, IT, logistics, finance and communications fields
- Basel is essential location in Europe which connect South Europe with North Europe, East Europe with West Europe by rail, plane (EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg), ship, tram, bus and auto roads
- Basel located at the heart of Europe where France, Germany and Switzerland all meet which also makes easy of daily visiting more people from neighbour countries with using of convenient public transport
- Existence of plenty hotels, restaurants, bars, museums, theatres, cinemas, green parks and shopping places gives opportunity to the guest of the Basel city to spend comfortable and enjoyable time
- Hotel guests in Basel can use the city's public transport free-of-charge with their BaselCard. This card also allows to the guest to enter many public places with 50% discount and free surfing on the guest WiFi
- Visiting of Zoo in Basel which is oldest Zoo in Switzerland
- Basel is the safe place for visit and it`s gives positive feeling while talking with friendly and hospitable local people
- Walking in Rhine riverside could relax and gives you fabulous time
- Basel is well-known as Football Capital of Switzerland
To be Sending Organisation
We invite state, private, public and academic institutions from different countries to send their individual or group participants to our short- or long-term academic programs. If your organization is interested in a partnership, we welcome your proposal by email.
IPD offers support for most needed potential participants in the form of reduced participation fees.
If you wish to request a discounted participation fee amount, please write your request briefly via email before or during the application submission period.
Unfortunately, IPD scholarship program does not cover all of the participation fee and international travel expenses.
IPD offer 10% Discount if you are joining and paying together as a group of participants or if you are Alumni of one of the IPD programs.
A) Participation Fee for 8 Days Winter Academy
With Double Room
- 1700EUR until 15 September, 2020
- 2050EUR until 1 November, 2020
With Single Room
- 2150EUR until 15 September, 2020
- 2500EUR until 1 November, 2020
Without accommodation & breakfast; (Includes 6 class days, lunch, coffee-breaks, course materials + certificate)
- 1000EUR until 15 September, 2020
- 1200EUR until 1 November, 2020
Participation Fee Includes
- Two Meals per Day (Only Breakfast & Lunch expenses included in the fee)
- Course & Stationary Materials (Badge, File, Notebook and Pen)
- Free WiFi on the whole Campus area
- Program Fee
- Cables and adapters
- 2 times coffee-tea during class days
- Invitation Letter
- Free BASELCARD for who is paid for Accommodation for whole training period which includes
1. Free Use of public transport in Basel City
2. Free WiFi at 17 hotspots
3. A one-time 50% discount on
- admission to museums (incl. special exhibitions)
- entry to Basel Zoo
- admission to Theater Basel (only applies to tickets purchased at the box office)
- 2-hour tour on the sightseeing bus
- walking tour of the old town
- scheduled trips on cruises offered by Basler Personenschifffahrt
B) 3-Month Research Program Fee
- Fee with Accommodation: 6800EUR until 15 September, 2020 or 7500EUR until 1 November, 2020
- Fee without Accommodation: 4000EUR until 15 September, 2020 or 4500EUR until 1 November, 2020
What is included in the participation fee during the 3-Month Research Program Period?
- Single room stays expenses for research program period (Hotel or Hostel or Flat)
- Free Participation in Winter Academy 2020 (Lunch & Coffee/Tea Expenses costs extra)
- Travel expenses to visit various 2-4 Swiss based Institutions
- Academic Supervisor fee to guide the research paper
- Program fee
- Invitation Letter
- Additional single room stay includes breakfasts and local city transport ticket: 185EUR per night / person
- Welcome meeting in Basel Airport and transfer to hotel: 100EUR per person
D) Be Sponsor
- For Individual or Organizational Donation: 50EUR and above
- To be Bronze Sponsor: 1000EUR and above
- To be Silver Sponsor: 5000EUR and above
- To be Gold Sponsor: 10000EUR and above
- To be Platinum Sponsor: 20000EUR and above
- To be Diamond Sponsor: 30000EUR and above
Sponsors` Benefits & Priviligies
What is not Included in the Participation Fee?
Dinner, extra accommodation nights and meal expenses, international travel and travel-related expenses (visa & insurance fee expenses) are not included in the participation fee of Winter Programs 2020.
The Participation fee also does not cover extra persons’ (family members, relatives, friends, colleagues, etc.) accommodation and meal expenses.
Participants of the 3-Month Research Program are responsible for food and local travel expenses during and after participation in the 8-Day Winter Academy.
Application Deadline & Participation Procedure Step by Step
Interested participants need to send the filled application in WORD format and scanned Passport Page (We need only photo page) by email to email@example.com no later than 15 September, 2020 for the Early Bird Application Deadline or no later than 1 November, 2020 for the Late Application & Payment Deadline. Please label your documents as “NAME” “SURNAME” “COUNTRY” “DOCUMENT NAME”.
1. The participant submits a filled application in WORD format with a CV and scanned passport page by the deadline
2. The participant will receive an invoice to start the payment of the requested participation fee amount
3. When the requested fee has been transferred to the bank account provided, the participant will receive an invitation letter via email. If visa application process is required, we will send the invitation letter by post and also to the relevant embassy by email.
NOTE: We strongly advice participants to submit the filled application as soon as possible, particularly if they require a visa to enter Switzerland or those who are and who in need of more financial documentation for his/her participation.
Cancellation Rules & Proedure
Below stated high cancellation prices stated because of to prevent the mass application submission of non-serious people and prevent the financial risks of accommodation expenses.
Please note that after submission of the application, any participation cancellation until 21 September, 2020 the charge will be 600EUR (not including bank transfer and exchange rates costs) for the participants of 8-Day Winter Academy or 2000EUR (not including bank transfer and exchange rates costs) for the participants of 3-Month Research Program (not including bank transfer and exchange rates costs) from the paid participation fee for the administrative charges.
For participation cancellation between 21 September, 2020 till the 12 November, 2020 the charge will be 900EUR (not including bank transfer and exchange rates costs) for the participants of 8-Day Winter Academy or 4500EUR (not including bank transfer and exchange rates costs) for the participants of 3-Month Research Program (not including bank transfer and exchange rates costs) from the paid participation fee for the administrative charges.
For participation cancellation after 12 November, 2020, there will be no refund on the paid participation fee.
IPD Bank Account
Beneficiary`s Name: Institut für Frieden und Dialog (IPD)
Bank Name: PostFinance Ltd
Bank Address: Mingerstrasse 20, 3030 Bern, Switzerland
Account number: 91-577724-2 EUR
IBAN: CH 27 0900 0000 9157 7724 2
SWIFT code: POFICHBEXXX
Contact person for any Questions
Mr. Fakhrinur Huseynli
Institute for Peace & Dialogue, IPD / Institut für Frieden und Dialog
Address: Ryffstrasse 23, 4056 Basel, Switzerland
Cell / WhatsApp Number: +41 76 431 61 70
If you have any problem to contact with us via your Office email, then please try to write us via your personal email or via Skype and
inform your IT Department asap about the exist problem
We are looking forward to seeing you in our Winter Program 2020