NOTE: There have regular problem to communicate with any @gmail.com domain base emails. Please contact us with using no @gmail.com account emails for we can be able to reply you or contact us via LinkedIn or Facebook
- If you need visa to enter Switzerland, please note it in your filled application and then you need only to pay registration fee amount of 150EUR per person to receive Invitation Letter. Rest of the fee amount you need to pay immediately when your visa is granted.
14th Summer Academy - Please follow event page to get more new information soon
I Session: 5 - 13 August, 2024
II Session: 13 - 21 August, 2024
I + II Session: 5 - 21 August 2024
- 3 Month Summer Research Program: 5 August - 28 October, 2024
Early Bird Application Deadline: 30 April, 2024 (Available Discount)
Late Application Deadline: 1 July, 2024
Institute for Peace and Dialogue (IPD) is proud to announce the next International Summer Programs, which are to be held in Basel, Switzerland. Applicants can choose between the 13th Summer Academy and the 3-Month Research Program which may be combined with the 13th Summer Academy participation depending on the applicants` desire and filled application.
Its image as one of the most favourable places for traveling has made it more interesting to offer an exited and comprehensive program for our participants.
Nowadays unfortunately several frozen or ongoing conflicts between or within states still exist. Conflicts are different and if we look to the world mankind, how they are facing many new challenges, coupled with new dangerous situations, i.e. terrorist acts, non-legal arming of conflict sides, re-determination of borders, establishing new countries in the world map, non-providing territorial integrity, trafficking of arms, drugs and human; disputes on the implementation of transnational energy projects, democratization and false elections, revolution and internal political conflicts, armed guerrilla movements, violation and discrimination by nationalists, world economic crisis, climate change and unsafely biodiversity etc. Unfortunately, the list is long. Conflicts are related and an integral part of human beings, as conflicts cause violation of human rights.
Existing conflicts weaken every kind of cooperation between nations, states and Institutions. Without lasting mutual cooperation and understanding, the future prosperity of the world would remain only as a good dream. Taking into consideration of peaceful behaviour and engagements, we can make a decision on the strict belief, that opportunities for solving all kind of conflicts are feasible.
Because in every conflict situation and tension forms we consequently face the below mentioned common situations
- Desperate situation and non-solving problems are not eternal.
- It is possible to make common decision and find common values, even both conflict sides are thinking differently.
- If the hostility thinking becomes stronger, there are no winner and right side.
- Protracted conflicts on the same time endanger to the development and prosperity of all involved conflict parties.
- Any peaceful mediation, negotiation and mutual understanding actions are useful than nothing.
Participants will have access to expert knowledge, work-base and hands-on experience as all our Experts are specialists with years of experience academically and professionally in their respective fields, will contribute to this event, with many years of experience in Peacebuilding, Conflicts Solution, Mediation, Leadership and International Security Studies. This is truly a great opportunity not to be missed to get or refresh knowledge, skills and create new worldwide friendship and networks.
13th Summer Academy offer lectures and classes via non-formal, interactive and practical methods by the experienced teachers with professional and academic background include the following stated methodologies
- Interactive teaching based on research and professional experience, illustrated by practical cases
- Lectures through open presentation and panel discussions
- Workplace case studies, situational examples and success stories telling
- Problem solving group works, paired practice discussion/exchange and self/group reflections
- Individual approach, role plays, group presentations and assignments
- Short video film coaching
Participation in all Modules is mandatory to get Certificate.
Main Goal of the Summer Programs
- The main goal of the 13th Summer Academy is to strengthen the skills of the representatives from state institutions, business sector, INGOs/NGOs, education institutions, religious organisations, independent mediators, politicians and students through academic and as well work-field base trainings in peacebuilding, mediation, conflict resolution, international security leadership and intercultural dialogue fields.
Participation in 13th Summer Academy gives the participants education and network to build their future career worldwide level in state, private and public sectors as peace builder, manager, lawyer, diplomat, human resource officer, mediator, international and public relations manager, mentor, coacher and in etc. relevant jobs.
- The main goal of the 3 Month Research Program is to develop the academic and work-field base skills of the researchers via academic trainings, reading materials, Supervisor guidance and closely acquaintance them with relevant Swiss state, public and private Institutions.
Participating as researcher in 3 Month Research Program could assist you to apply PhD programs with fresh research skills, to join various institutions as professional researcher or expert (Parliament, Research Centres, Think Tank Institutions, Universities, Various States organizations) or as trainer.
Why Basel as Ideal Venue for Visit
- To enjoy from marvelous Swiss Nature, visiting City Library, Museums, Zoo and Theater during the free time and weekends period
- Basel is a home city of oldest university (more than 550 years) of Switzerland and there have plenty research, innovation and teaching institutions in different spheres
- Existence of many world leading multinational companies in the pharmacy, law, agrochemicals, medical engineering, IT, logistics, finance and communications fields
- Basel is essential location in Europe which connect South Europe with North Europe, East Europe with West Europe by rail, plane (EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg), ship, tram, bus and auto roads
- Basel located at the heart of Europe where France, Germany and Switzerland all meet which also makes easy of daily visiting more people from neighbour countries with using of convenient public transport
- Existence of plenty hotels, restaurants, bars, museums, theatres, cinemas, green parks and shopping places gives opportunity to the guest of the Basel city to spend comfortable and enjoyable time
- Hotel guests in Basel can use the city's public transport free-of-charge with their BaselCard. This card also allows to the guest to enter many public places with 50% discount and free surfing on the guest WiFi
- Visiting of Zoo in Basel which is oldest Zoo in Switzerland
- Basel is the safe place for visit and it`s gives positive feeling while talking with friendly and hospitable local people
- Walking in Rhine riverside could relax and gives you fabulous time
- Basel is well-known as Football Capital of Switzerland
Trainers & Topics of 13th Summer Academy: 7 - 21 August, 2023
7 August, 2023 - Arriving Day of Participants
Ms. Hoenig Gundhild Class Days: 8 & 9 August, 2023
Day 1 Topic (Whole class day): Effective conflict intervention through Conflict-Coaching and Mediation across Cultures
Day 2 Topic (Whole class day): Diversity and Inclusion - intention and approach across cultures and faiths
Doc. Dr. Alexander Weisner Class Days: 10 & 11 August, 2023
Day 1 Topic (Whole Class Day): Conflict Analysis Tools and Techniques
Day 2 Topic (Half Class Day): Planning of Intervention in Conflicts
12 August, 2023 - Free Day for Participants
13 August, 2023 - Departure Day for I Group Participants
Ms. Sibylle Rupprecht Class Days: 14 & 15 August, 2023
Day 1 Topic (Whole class day): Ethical Leadership - the great reset after the pandemic and vector of peace
Day 2 Topic (Whole class day): Advocacy & Communication Including practical exercises
Prof. Alicia Cabezudo Class Days: 16 & 17 August, 2023
Day 1 Topic (Whole class day): Culture of peace and conflict transformation building
Day 2 Topic (Half class day): Interpersonal dialogue and cross-cultural negotiations
Mr. Marc Finaud Class Days: 18 & 19 August, 2023
Day 1 Topic (Whole class day): Conflict mapping and security policy prioritization (with exercise)
Day 2 Topic (Whole class day): Communication and chairing skills (with exercise)
20 August, 2023 - Free Day
21 August, 2023 - Departure of Participants from Hotel
Summer Academy Timetable
- Arriving of Participants (Check in after 14:00): 7 & 13 August
- Breakfast Time: 7:00 - 9:00
- Morning Workshops Period: 9:00 - 12:30
- First Break Time: 10:30 - 11:00
- Lunch Time: 12:30 - 13:30
- Afternoon Workshops Period: 13:30 - 16:30
- Second Break Time: 14:45 - 15:00
- Free Day (No Class & Lunch): 12 & 20 August
- Certification: 11 & 19 August
- Departure of Participants (Check-out till the 10.00): 13 & 21 August
- Half Class Days: 11 & 17 August till the 12.30
3-Month Research Program Important Dates & Activities
- Arrival date: 7 August, 2023
- Education Part: Participating in SA during the 7 - 21 August, 2023
- Practice Part: Visit to 2 - 4 Swiss Institutions: 22 August - 20 October, 2023
- Research & Training Course Part: 3 hours Classes per Week + Writing research paper (Min 5 pages): 22 August - 20 October, 2023 together with Supervisor.
- Departure date: 28 October, 2023 (If researcher would like to stay more than 3 months, please write about your desired period in your application form for we calculate new budget for your participation)
Summer Programs Language: English
In order to capitalize on these diverse backgrounds of our participants, we encourage the exchange of each representative’s own unique heritage and culture through the sharing of national clothes, drinks, foods, sweets, souvenirs, flags, etc. during the Summer Academy 2023.
A broad range of the interested participants from various countries within the fields mentioned below can apply to the Summer Programs 2023:
- Representatives of Government Institutions, Diplomatic Missions and Courts
- Representatives of Business Institutions and Private Sector
- Representatives of Religious Organizations and Political Parties
- Representatives of IOs, INGOs and Local NGOs
- Representatives of Universities, Academic Staff, Researchers and Students
- Representatives of Media Institutions
- Lawyers, Mediators, Coachers, Mentors and Peacebuilders
- Other potential individuals
Alumni Participants of IPD Programs represented State Institutions, Embassies, Private Institutions, Universities, Swiss Government, Australian Government, Romanian Government, UK Government, European Union, European Investment Bank, Asian Development Bank, African Union, United Nations, UNWOMEN, IOM, UNDP, UNICEF, ICRC, Peace Brigades International, Soros Foundation, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit, Medecins Sans Frontieres, Welthungerhilfe, Save the Children and etc. institutions and also individuals (Students, Researchers, Philanthropists, Trainers, Teachers, Scientists, Activists, Journalists and etc.).
To be Guest Participant
Guest Participants could be able to select any Summer Academy topic and apply to join at least 2 class days. Participation fee includes invitation letter, certificate, course materials, badge, pen, notebook, folder, lunch and coffee breaks.
To be Sending Group Leader or Organisation
We have special participation fee amount for Sending Group Leaders or Organisations (if you are sending minimum 2 person). We invite state, private, public and academic institutions from different countries to send group of participants to our short- or long-term academic programs. For more information please contact us by email or LinkedIn / WhatsApp.
To be Sponsor: Please contact by email till the 30 June 2023
- For Individual Donation: 10EUR and above https://web.w4ysites.com/.cm4all/widgetres.php/cm4all.com.widgets.DownloadWidget/thumbnail.png
- For Organizational Donation: 50EUR and above
- To be Bronze Sponsor: 1000EUR and above
- To be Silver Sponsor: 5000EUR and above
- To be Gold Sponsor: 10000EUR and above
- To be Platinum Sponsor: 20000EUR and above
- To be Diamond Sponsor: 30000EUR and above
PS: Please visit our website to get more information Sponsors` Benefits & Privileges
Scholarship & Discounts
IPD offers support for most needed potential participants in the form of reduced participation fees.
If you wish to request a discounted participation fee amount, please write your request briefly via email before or during the application submission period.
Unfortunately IPD scholarship program does not cover all of the participation fee and international travel expenses. There have following discount opportunities:
- 10% discount for Alumni of IPD programs
- 10 % discount for Students (Valid with actual Student Card)
- 10% discounts for small NGO representatives (Valid with Organizational Reference Letter)
- 10% discount for paying together with group of participants (More than 2 person)
- 10% discount for Annual ProPeace Members
Participation Fee for Summer Programs: All the fees stated below calculated per participant
A) Summer Academy Participation Fee
I Session: 7 - 13 August, 2023
- Early Bird Application Fee with Single Room: 2250EUR
- Early Bird Application Fee with Double Room: 1850EUR
- Early Bird Application Fee without Accommodation & Breakfast: 950EUR
- Late Application Fee with Single Room: 2450EUR
- Late Application Fee with Double Room: 2100EUR
- Late Application Fee without Accommodation & Breakfast: 1200EUR
II Session: 13 - 21 August, 2023
- Early Bird Application Fee with Single Room: 2550EUR
- Early Bird Application Fee with Double Room: 2200EUR
- Early Bird Application Fee without Accommodation & Breakfast: 1250EUR
- Late Application Fee with Single Room: 2750EUR
- Late Application Fee with Double Room: 2400EUR
- Late Application Fee without Accommodation & Breakfast: 1500EUR
I + II Sessions: 7 - 21 August, 2023
- Early Bird Application Fee with Single Room: 4150EUR
- Early Bird Application Fee with Double Room: 3550EUR
- Early Bird Application Fee without Accommodation & Breakfast: 2200EUR
- Late Application Fee with Single Room: 4350EUR
- Late Application Fee with Double Room: 3750EUR
- Late Application Fee without Accommodation & Breakfast: 2700EUR
Participation Fee Includes
- Two Meals per class day (Breakfast & Lunch expenses included in the fee)
- Course & Stationary Materials (Badge, File, Notebook and Pen)
- Free WiFi
- Program Fee
- Cables and adapters
- 2 times Coffee-Tea breaks per class days
- Invitation Letter
- Free BASELCARD for whose paid for Accommodation for whole training period which includes
1. Free Use of public transport in Basel City
2. Free WiFi at 17 hotspots
3. A one-time 50% discount on
- admission to museums (incl. special exhibitions)
- entry to Basel Zoo
- admission to Theater Basel (only applies to tickets purchased at the box office)
- 2-hour tour on the sightseeing bus
- walking tour of the old town
- scheduled trips on cruises offered by Basler Personenschifffahr
- Application Fee
B) 3-Month Research Program Fee
- Fee with Accommodation: 9000EUR until 5 May, 2023 or 12800EUR until 20 July, 2023
- Fee without Accommodation: 5500EUR until 5 May, 2023 or 7000EUR until 20 July, 2023
Participation Fee Includes
- Capacity Building Training Courses + Supervision + Consultation: 3 hours per Week
- Furnished Single Room Accommodation stay in Hostel or Flat (Upon request of the applicant we could remove accommodation expenses)
- Stationary Materials (Folder, notebook and pen)
- WiFi Free Internet Connection
- Local travel expenses to visit 3-8 Swiss based Institutions
- Program fee
- Invitation Letter
- Application Fee
C) Organizational or Product/Services Presentation - 750EUR (Please contact by email till the 30 June 2023)
- Speech with Organizational or Product/Services Presentation in front of participants: Max. 30 min
- Free WiFi
- Cables and adapters
- Water dispenser (only still water) in the seminar room
- Invitation Letter
- 1 Table for promotional and publishing materials of Presenter/Organization
D) Guest Participant: 250EUR per class day (Non-Refundable)
- Course materials
- Invitation letter
- 1 Lunch
- 1-2 times coffee breaks
- Stationary materials includes (badge, notebook, pen and folder)
E) Additional Expenses
- Additional single room stay includes breakfasts and local city transport ticket before or after training program
- Welcome meeting in Basel Airport and transfer to hotel: 120EUR per person
What is not Included in the Participation Fee?
Dinner, extra accommodation nights and meal expenses, international travel and travel-related expenses (visa & insurance fee expenses) are not included in the participation fee of Summer Programs 2023.
The Participation fee also does not cover extra persons’ (family members, relatives, friends, colleagues, etc.) accommodation and meal expenses.
Participants of the 3-Month Research Program are responsible for food and local travel expenses after participation in the Summer Academy.
Application Deadline & Participation Procedure Step by Step
Interested participants need to send the filled application in WORD format and scanned Passport Page (Only photo page) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 May, 2023 for the Early Bird Application & Payment Deadline or 20 July, 2023 for the Late Application & Payment Deadline. Please label your documents as “NAME” “SURNAME” “COUNTRY” “DOCUMENT NAME”.
1. The participant submits a filled application in WORD format and scanned passport page by the Deadline
2. The participant will receive an invoice to start the payment of the requested participation fee amount
3. When the requested fee has been transferred to the bank account provided, the participant will receive an invitation letter via email. If visa application process is required, we will send the invitation letter by email to the relevant embassy.
NOTE: We strongly advice participants to submit the filled application as soon as possible, particularly if they require a visa to enter Switzerland or those who needs of more financial documentation process from his/her sending organization for participation sponsorship.
Cancellation Rules & Dates of Participation
Below stated high cancellation prices stated because of to prevent the mass application submission of non-serious people and prevent the financial risks of accommodation expenses.
Please note that after submission of the application, any participation cancellation until 25 May, 2023 the charge will be 750€ (not including bank transfer and exchange rates costs) for the participants of Summer Academy or 1950€ (not including bank transfer and exchange rates costs) for the participants of 3-Month Research Program (not including bank transfer and exchange rates costs) from the paid participation fee for the administrative charges.
For participation cancellation between 25 May and 11 July, 2023 the charge will be 1350€ (not including bank transfer and exchange rates costs) for the participants of Summer Academy or 4850€ (not including bank transfer and exchange rates costs) for the participants of 3-Month Research Program (not including bank transfer and exchange rates costs) from the paid participation fee for the administrative charges.
For participation cancellation after 11 July, 2023, there will be no refund on the paid participation fee.
Participant responsible to inform IPD directly by email or post about his/her participation cancellation.
Event Place & Accommodation
Please note that because of the August is high summer season month, we have limited number of Accommodation rooms in our partner Hotel Restaurant Rheinfelderhof where the Summer Academy will be held and that is why we strongly advice applicants do they best to register for Summer Programs as soon as possible for we book the relevant room on time.
13th Summer Academy Place & Accommodation
Hotel Restaurant Rheinfelderhof
Hammerstrasse 61, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Researchers registered for 3 Month Research + individual base Training Course period will stay in Hotel, Hostel or in Flat in single room. Due to the needs, request and financial opportunities of researcher we could also arrange and offer furnished or unfurnished flats with 2-3 rooms in Basel city.
IPD Bank Account
Beneficiary`s Name: Institute for Peace and Dialogue (IPD)
Bank Name: PostFinance Ltd
Bank Address: Mingerstrasse 20, 3030 Bern, Switzerland
IBAN: CH 27 0900 0000 9157 7724 2
SWIFT code: POFICHBEXXX
Institute for Peace and Dialogue (IPD) is an independent, international non-profit and non-religious institute located and registered in Basel, Switzerland where it dedicates itself in the promotion of the prevention of conflicts between and within states, organizations and individuals by implementing academic programs and strengthening institutional dialogue between state institutions, private entities and civil society organizations.
IPD invites state institutions, companies, INGOs, think tank centres, researchers, media and interested public actors to the cooperation and implementation of creative, innovative, effective and sustainable initiatives for the sake of empowering constructive intercultural dialogue, mediation, global governance, leadership responsibility, peaceful conflict transformation, active world citizenship, human rights defense, security and welfare.
Our vision is the education of an institutionalized civil society platform in peace-building, mediation, conflict transformation and intercultural dialogue, to convey a peaceful approach and behavior.
Our mission is to empower state, public and private institutions capacities in peacebuilding, conflict resolution, mediation and intercultural dialogue fields to build up a solution-oriented positive thinking in their work, community and family in order to have institutional impact for the sake of whole society development.
IPD Previous Academic Programs
- 13th International Summer Academy: 7 - 21 August 2023 in Basel, Switzerland
- Capacity Building Training Course: 19 - 26 December, 2022 in Basel, Switzerland
- Executive Training for Nigerian Senior State Officials: 30 November - 6 December, 2019 in Basel, Switzerland
- 1st & 2nd Basel Global Peace Conference: 4 & 13 August, 2019 in Basel, Switzerland
- 12th International Summer Academy: 13 - 22 August 2019 in Basel, Switzerland
- 11th International Summer Academy: 4 - 13 August 2019 in Basel, Switzerland
- 2nd International Autumn Academy: 27 October - 03 November, 2018 in Zug, Switzerland
- 10th International Summer Academy: 25 July - 03 August 2018 in Zug, Switzerland
- 9th International Summer Academy: 16 - 25 July, 2018 in Zug, Switzerland
- 1st International Spring Academy: 5 - 12 May, 2018 in Zug, Switzerland
- 1st International Autumn Academy: 29 October - 04 November, 2017 in Zug, Switzerland
- 8th International Summer Academy: 11 - 20 August, 2017 in Zug, Switzerland
- 7th International Summer Academy: 20 - 29 August, 2017 in Zug, Switzerland
- 2nd International Winter Academy: 17 - 26 February, 2017 in Zug, Switzerland
- 6th International Summer Academy: 19 - 29 August, 2016 in Zug, Switzerland
- 5th International Summer Academy: 9 - 19 August, 2016 in Zug, Switzerland
- 1st International Winter Academy: 15 - 25 February, 2016 in Zug, Switzerland
- 4th International Summer Academy: 17 - 27 August, 2015 in Zug, Switzerland
- 3rd International Summer Academy: 07 - 17 August, 2015 in Zug, Switzerland
- 2nd International Summer Academy: 17 - 27 August, 2014 in Zug, Switzerland
- 1st International Summer Academy: 01 - 11 September 2013 in Vienna, Austria
Contact person for any questions
Institute for Peace and Dialogue (IPD)
Address; Ryffstrasse 23
4056 Basel, Switzerland
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/fakhrinur-huseynli-574776223/
Like & Follow us on Facebook
If you have any problem to contact with us via your office email, then please try to write us via online contact form or via your personal email or via LinkedIn or via Skype and inform your
IT Department about the existed technical problem.
We are looking forward to see you in our Summer Programs 2023