Scholarship: IPD offers 4000EUR reduction from the requested tuition fee amount for applicants registered and paid before 20 April, 2020 + free of charge participation at one of the 10 days Summer Academy 2020 program
in Management & Conflict Resolution
Program Starts: 1 October for Winter Term or 1 March for Spring Term
Application Deadline: 1 June for Winter Term & 1 November for Spring Term
Participation: On Campus or Online (Upon request-Individual)
Accommodation: Shared or Single rooms available upon request
Winter School Holiday: 25 December - 1 March
Summer School Holiday: 1 June - 1 October
Program Venue: Basel, Switzerland
Duration: 1 Year - 26 Weeks
Classes: 16 Modules - 52 Lessons - 156 Hours
Class Days: Monday & Tuesday or Wednesday
Class Hours: from 09.00 till 12.30
- Tuition Fee without Accommodation (On Campus Study): 15500EUR for whole program period
- Tuition Fee of Online Study (Individual Courses by Skype): 18000EUR for whole program period
- Accommodation Expenses in Basel city: 1000 - 1500EUR per month (Depending from accommodation type)
INTRODUCTION & METHODOLOGIES
Executive Diploma program is so profitable and useful for students who is looking for study place to develop or refresh academic knowledge, build new worldwide friendship and network in the relevant spheres. Students will have access to expert knowledge and hands-on experience as all our facilitators are specialists with years of experience academically and professionally in their respective fields.
Executive Diploma program main goal is to provide students with practitioner skills and knowledge to be more ready for further career, education or research works, to prepare professional experts to enable them to negotiate, mediate, manage and resolve any kind of conflicts as Manager and foster decision-making processes.
This program will surround academic knowledge and practical skills on inter-personal, community, regional, national and international levels in state, private and public sectors.
Executive Diploma program offer lectures and classes via non-formal, interactive and practical methods include lectures, group games, case study and practical simulation, individual-group presentations, group games, documentary move presentations, discussions, self-assessments, self/group reflections, success stories telling and etc. methodologies by the experienced teachers with professional and academic background. Participation in all Modules is mandatory to get Diploma.
To complete the Executive Diploma program each of the students should submit the Diploma Research Paper (Minimum 30 Pages) by email as an academic output. Supervisor expenses for guidance of Diploma Research Paper is included to the tuition fee.
Students whose wish to study Executive Diploma program via Online methods (Distant education) should state about it in their application and motivation letter. Online education students will get course materials and weekly schedule by email. IPD teachers will deliver all the weekly classes via Skype
WINTER TERM: Starts in 1 October and Ends in 25 December (Total: 13 Weeks)
Module 1: Conflict Prevention, Management & Resolution - 2 Weeks
Module 2: Leadership, Team Building and Management - 3 Weeks
Module 3: Interpersonal Dialogue and Cross-Cultural Relations - 1 Week
Module 4: Advocacy and Capacity Building - 1 Week
Module 5: Human Resource Management - 2 Weeks
Module 6: International Humanitarian & Trade Organisations - 1 Week
Module 7: Psychology - 1 Week
Module 8: Trauma Healing & Reconciliation - 1 Week
Module 9: Social Responsibility & Ethics - 1 Week
SPRING TERM: Starts in 1 March and Ends in 30 May (Total: 13 Weeks)
Module 10: Global Economics - 1 Week
Module 11: Mediation - 2 Weeks
Module 12: Public Policy & Public Relations - 2 Weeks
Module 13: Diplomacy, International Relations and Security - 2 Weeks
Module 14: International Law & Justice - 2 Weeks
Module 15: Arbitration, Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and Litigation - 2 Weeks
Module 16: Coaching, Mentoring, Personal and Organisational Development - 2 Weeks
Executive Diploma program gives the students education and network to build their future career worldwide level in state, private and public sectors as manager, lawyer, diplomat, human resource officer, mediator, international and public relations manager, mentor, coacher and in etc. relevant jobs.
Other Benefits & Priviligies
- To build useful network, find potential partners and friends
- To get education via Interactive and Non-formal methods
- Worldwide working opportunities & career path at State, Private and Public institutions
- To get academic and professional knowledge from Swiss and non-Swiss experts
- To get Diploma, skills and knowledge in Management & Conflict Resolution fields for new career path
- To live in Basel which border with Germany and France
- To practice German, French and Italian languages with locals while studying
- To get education and Diploma during the 1 year period
- To enjoy from marvelous Swiss Nature during the free time, weekends and study vacation period
WHY BASEL AS IDEAL VENUE FOR STUDY
- Basel is a home city of oldest university (more than 550 years) of Switzerland and there have plenty research, innovation and teaching institutions in different spheres
- Existence of many world leading multinational companies in the pharmacy, law, agrochemicals, medical engineering, IT, logistics, finance and communications fields
- Basel is essential location in Europe which connect South Europe with North Europe, East Europe with West Europe by rail, plane (EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg), ship, tram, bus and auto roads
- Basel located at the heart of Europe where France, Germany and Switzerland all meet which also makes easy of daily visiting more people from neighbour countries with using of convenient public transport
- Existence of plenty hotels, restaurants, bars, museums, theatres, cinemas, green parks and shopping places gives opportunity to the guest of the Basel city to spend comfortable and enjoyable time
- Hotel guests in Basel can use the city's public transport free-of-charge with their BaselCard. This card also allows to the guest to enter many public places with 50% discount and free surfing on the guest WiFi
- Visiting of Zoo in Basel which is oldest Zoo in Switzerland
- Basel is the safe place for visit and it`s gives positive feeling while talking with friendly and hospitable local people
- Walking in Rhine riverside could relax and gives you fabulous time
- Basel is well-known as Football Capital of Switzerland
A broad range of the interested applicants from various countries within the below mentioned fields can apply to the Executive Diploma program:
- Representatives of Government Institutions, Diplomatic Missions and Courts
- Representatives of Business Institutions and Private Sector
- Representatives of Religious Organizations and Political Parties
- Representatives of IOs, INGOs and Local NGOs
- Representatives of Universities, Schools, Academic Staff, Researchers and Students
- Representatives of Media Institutions
- Managers, Lawyers, Mediators, Coachers, Mentors and Peacebuilders
- Other interested individuals
Alumni Participants of IPD Programs represented State Institutions, Embassies, Private Institutions, Universities, Swiss Government, Australian Government, Romanian Government, UK Government, European Union, European Investment Bank, Asian Development Bank, African Union, United Nations, UNWOMEN, IOM, UNDP, UNICEF, ICRC, NPAID, Peace Brigades International, Soros Foundation, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit, Medecins Sans Frontieres, Welthungerhilfe, Save the Children and etc. institutions and also individuals (Students, Researchers, Philanthropists, Trainers, Teachers, Scientists, Activists, Journalists and etc.).
TO BE SENDING ORGANISATION
We invite state, private, public and academic institutions from different countries to send their individual or group students to our short- or long-term academic programs. If your organization is interested in a partnership, we welcome your proposal by email.
SCHOLARSHIP & DISCOUNT
IPD offers support for most needed potential students in the form reduced the tuition fees.
If you wish to request discounted tuition fee amount, please write your request briefly via email before or during the application submission period.
Unfortunately IPD scholarship program do not cover the whole amount of tuition fee expenses.
APPLICATION DEADLINE & ADMISSION PROCEDURE STEP BY STEP
Interested students need to send the filled application in WORD format as well as a CV and scanned Passport Page (Only photo page) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1 June for Winter Term & 1 November for Spring Term. Please label your documents as “NAME” “SURNAME” “COUNTRY” “DOCUMENT NAME”.
1. The student submits a filled application in WORD format with a CV and scanned passport page by the deadline
2. The student will receive an invoice to start the payment of the requested tuition fee amount
3. When the requested fee has been transferred to the bank account provided, the student will receive an invitation letter via email. If visa application process is required, we will send the invitation letter by email to the relevant embassy.
NOTE: We strongly advice students to submit the filled application as soon as possible, particularly if they require a visa to enter Switzerland or those who are and who in need of more financial documentation for his/her education.
CANCELLATION RULES & DATES OF PARTICIPATION
Please note that after submission of the application in any case of the participation cancellation till the starting of Executive Diploma program, there will be 50% cancellation fee amount of paid tuition fee + bank transfer and exchange rates costs will be extra charge.
Participation cancellation after beginning of the Executive Diploma program, there will be no refund.
BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION TO TRANSFER THE TUITION FEE
Beneficiary`s Name: Institut für Frieden und Dialog (IPD)
Bank Name: PostFinance Ltd
Bank Address: Mingerstrasse 20, 3030 Bern, Switzerland
Account number: 91-577724-2 EUR
IBAN: CH 27 0900 0000 9157 7724 2
SWIFT code: POFICHBEXXX
BE OUR SPONSOR
Sponsorship for IPD Programs & Events
To be Diamond Sponsor: 50000EUR and above
To be Platinum Sponsor: 350000EUR and above
To be Gold Sponsor: 20000EUR and above
To be Silver Sponsor: 10000EUR and above
To be Bronze Sponsor: 5000EUR and above
To be Individual Sponsor: 500EUR and above
To become Sponsor of IPD program and events please contact with us by email
Mr. Fakhrinur Huseynli
Institute for Peace & Dialogue, IPD
Address: Hegenheimerstrasse 175, 4055 Basel, Switzerland
Cell number: +41 76 431 61 70
We are looking forward to receive your application soon and welcome you in our
Executive Diploma Program